cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Removing Entity after pulling in the text

rodney_o_german
5-Regular Member

Removing Entity after pulling in the text

When using Arbortext 6.0, can you remove the entity files from the XML file after pulling in the text from the entity?  Basically using entities to share content and upon publishing remove all entities and keep the content.  Which basically flat files the xml file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, Arbortext is able to flatten files in this way but it's not available through the menus. You would have to write a small script to do the work. Look up the doc_flatten function in the Arbortext Help Center.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, Arbortext is able to flatten files in this way but it's not available through the menus. You would have to write a small script to do the work. Look up the doc_flatten function in the Arbortext Help Center.

Thanks

Here is my script

set Arbortext="same as below"

for %%i in (*.xml) do (

"C:\Program Files (X86) \PTCArbortext Editor\bin\x86\editor.exe" -c -b "doc_flatten all undeclared" %%i

)

I cant get the changes to save to each file.

Ignore the d in undeclared.  I couldn't get copy and paste to work.  I mistyped above.

Top Tags