cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

attributes instead of File entities

goreggioni-2
2-Guest

attributes instead of File entities

Hello all,

Maybe this a very basic question, but I can't find the way to solve it...

I'm working with some XML files that are composed of dozens of xml files referenced as href atts:

Intead of beig referenced as entities.

What should I do in Arbortext 6 to make them editable from the editor? That is, how can I make the content of the XML file referenced shown in the editor and how can I make to click on it to edit it, (more or less the way It would happen if they were files entities).

Thanks!

Gabriel Oreggioni

1 REPLY 1

Hi Gabriel,

I believe the out-of-the-box support for referenced XML documents is limited to File Entities or XInclude. If you are using a custom reference scheme as shown below then you will need to write customisations in the form of ACL, Java or Javascript code.

Example customisation:

1. Detect a double-click on the <content> element (by attaching a hook or callback script to the double-click handler).

2. Examine the clicked element to extract "href" attribute.

3. Use the value of "href" to calculate a filesystem path to the referenced file.

4. Detect if the referenced file path exists, if not then display error message.

5. If the file exists, then open the file in a new Editor window.

// Gareth Oakes

// Chief Architect, GPSL

// www.gpsl.co

Top Tags