cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

chapters to start on even pages in arbortext editor

bfriesen
16-Pearl

chapters to start on even pages in arbortext editor

Hi there, I am trying to use the customized style sheet that we had created for us to do our operators manuals to also create a parts catalog. My issue is that I am wanting my graphic to always show up on the even page so the graphic to text will always be side by side. I cannot figure out what setting I should change in my stylesheet. I have added each topic to my ditamap at the chapter level.

In styler under element I have changed my chapter, breaks, start new to "even". That did not fix it.

Is this where I should be thinking about modifiying this setting?

Thanks,

Bryon

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Bryon

See below a simple ACL script which seem to do what you need.

Also see the video demoeing it: http://communities.ptc.com/videos/2679

$table_rows=tbl_row_count()

while(tbl_caret_row() <= $table_rows && tbl_caret_row() > 0) {

oid_select(oid_caret(0))

copy_mark mymark

insert_tag(indexterm)

paste mymark

# insert("-")

if (goto_cell(tbl_caret_row()+1, 1) != 1)

{

break

}

}

Thank you, Dmitry for you for your reponse, I believe this is in response to my other question about macros, not this one about changing start pages. Yes it does work well, How can I change what column it formats, it does not seem to matter what column I am in when I run it, it only modifies the first column. Can it be set to run in the column where your cursor is. If not the column I am wanting to run it in would be the second column in the table. I am not familuar at all with programing this stuff. I searched the oid help but get lost pretty quick. Thanks again for all your help.

Bryon

Yep, posted in the wrong thread. See the reply in the correct thread

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/37653?tstart=0

Bryon

I'd double-check that you added the "Start New" - "Even Page" to the right context for the element.

Also, using "Edit - Edit Resolved Document for Styling" helps when editing stylesheets and people often forget about this feature.

If you could provide a screenshot of a) the ditamap/bookmap document with View - Document Map enabled and b) the Edit For Styling view of the same document (again, with View - Document Map enabled), I could, perhaps, generate a few more ideas.

styler.jpg

edit view.jpg

I think I have the requested pictures. I tried it again set it to even, then published then set it to odd and then published. My first page still shows up on page 1 of the book and page 9 the actual pdf in both cases. I have found that if I switch the margins from left to right and right to left, I need to delete one blank page and it will print a hard copy correctly.

Playing with the file more, how do I publish with no blank pages added. I have a double sided layout and wonder if that would work just as well as geting chapters to print on even pages.

Bryon

There is no chapters in the resolved for styling document.

Top Tags