cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

.ism IsoDraw Macro File File Format

GregoryMackenzi
1-Newbie

.ism IsoDraw Macro File File Format

Hi,

Offhand does anyone know what the actual text "format" the IsoDraw Macros are in? ANSI, DOS, UTF-8?

I find that if I edit the .ism files with Textpad they can no longer be read by IsoDraw afterward. I'm forced to edit them in Notepad which is not really ideal.

Greg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Appears they are Unicode.

Not perfect, but if you use Notepad to open and then do a Save As it'll show you in the lowerleft the encoding it's in (not detailed by any means, but good enough in most cases).

I don't use Textpad but I assume it's similar to jedit. Likely in the the settings you can set default encodings it will recognize. I ran into this on a project in which it opened the files and modified the encoding without notification. Should be a pretty straight fix however.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Appears they are Unicode.

Not perfect, but if you use Notepad to open and then do a Save As it'll show you in the lowerleft the encoding it's in (not detailed by any means, but good enough in most cases).

I don't use Textpad but I assume it's similar to jedit. Likely in the the settings you can set default encodings it will recognize. I ran into this on a project in which it opened the files and modified the encoding without notification. Should be a pretty straight fix however.

Hi Trevor,

I'm on Windows 7, the default notepad accessory I have doesn't show that it is unicode but you are spot on. Textpad is somewhat similar to Jedit.

I set up the document encoding as UTF-8 in Textpad, also there is a second setting to save out as Unicode and UTF-8 that I had to set, and that solved the issue.

Thanks!

Greg

🙂

Announcements

Top Tags