cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Image Extraction from DB2 and save in postgres

MS_10920745
7-Bedrock

Image Extraction from DB2 and save in postgres

I have successfully  done up to stagging by using Skia sharp approach i can able to extract the images from db2 but I'm not able to upload the images in Postgres.

We have checked image path in codebeamer installation folder we found that now  how that path is referring in codebeamer DB we need to check I checked all the tables in dB but could not find how that path is referring in DB. Can you please help me with the path referring in DB

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MS_10920745,

there is a documentation in the PostgreSQL website named 'DB2 UDB to PostgreSQL Conversion Guide'. 
The PDF data contains information about the Data Types, Special Data Types, Table Constraints, Special Objects and SQL Predicates and some additional scripts.
Link to the document: https://wiki.postgresql.org/images/d/d1/DB2UDB-to-PG.pdf

If you need customized script to resolve your image extraction issue, please open a case in our eSupport Portal.

Thank You.

hello @AndrasJ_hu ,
I need to save a image from backend side in codebeamer I have used many approaches
I have tried using SQL query in dB but only I can see item name but not image as it is showing invalid link and tried another approach using via Rest Apis here also can see the file name but content is not visible
I could not upload image from backend side can you please help me in this.

Dear @MS_10920745,

do you get any error message while you are uploading images in Postgres? We can get more information if you get any error message.

Also, is the source and the destination field type the same (binary)? 
Is the width of byte-encoding the same (3 or 4, but it should almost certainly 4.)? UTF-8 can be 3 or 4 bytes.

Announcements

Top Tags