cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Reset button on all the trackers created from a Tracker Template

CA_10767447
6-Contributor

Reset button on all the trackers created from a Tracker Template

Hi,

I have observed that as of now there is no reset feature available on the tracker created from template but it is good to have that.

Example-

We have created a tracker using a existing template and made some configuration changes on the inherited tracker, but they we want to reset those changes to match the configuration with the template, it is not possible with a single click at the moment.

It will be good have a button to reset the trackers created from a template.

5 REPLIES 5

Thank you for your question.
I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.
Regards,
Andra
CA_10767447
6-Contributor
(To:achirila)

Hi,

This looks like an enhance to me and the details of problem statement are -

e.g. you have created tracker A using the tracker template T. So all the changes done on tracker T will be propagated to tracker A but if you do some manual configuration changes like fields, workflow transitions etc. , that link is broken.

So, now there is no way to revert those changes with a single click or resync the tracker A with tracker T, other than making manual changes to revert the configurations.

GLG
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:CA_10767447)

Hey,

you can remove the template in the "General" register of the tracker configurations. Then save. Apply the same tracker as template again and save.

Definitely you have the settings of the template tracker. BUT CAUTION: This may cause data loss e.g. if you defined new fields in your tracker which will be gone once the template tracker configuration is applied...

Regards,

GLG

CA_10767447
6-Contributor
(To:GLG)

Hi GLG,

Thanks for the response.

Can you please help with the scenarios of data loss with this approach.

GLG
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:CA_10767447)

Hey,

upfront "disclaimer": As I'm just a regular user, I might not know all the details 😉

What I have in mind: In your tracker (not the template) a custom field could be defined. If so and users have filled this field with content for items in the tracker the following data loss might appear: Once you apply the template configuration to the tracker, your custom field might be gone. Thus the contents in this field of the items in the tracker will be gone.

Example: You add a custom field to state a relevant product to your tracker. After applying the template again, this field might be gone. Thus the info for which products the items are relevant is lost for the existing items.

Regards

Georg 

Top Tags