cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

3D annotation visibility

dustin
1-Newbie

3D annotation visibility

Running WF5 M140, I cannot seem to create a visible 3D notation, yet dimensions work fine. I create and place the note (flat to screen or otherwise), it shows up in the model tree as shown and not hidden, but does not appear in the model in any set orientation. I have annotation datums visible, display_annoation set to yes by default, and visible_annotations_scope set to all. The notation doesn't even highlight in the model when I select it in the model tree.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

9 REPLIES 9

Maybe a long shot, but right-click on the annotation feature in the tree
and look at feature info. See if it is shown as on a visible layer
here, or perhaps the feature it is attached to is blanked. Look at
reference viewer as well.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317
dustin
1-Newbie
(To:dustin)

Well, I just created a note not a feature. I duplicated the notation in a annotation feature however with the same results except when I select the annotation feature, it highlights the surface the notation is attached to (even tho the notation itself does not appear). I also checked all my layers, and the only layer hidden is the "Hidden Items" layer which does not contain my notations.

Right clicking the annotation feature - info brings up the normal feature ID and parent info. Right clicking the notation only gives me info for the model and nothing is highlighted.

dustin
1-Newbie

Just checked out a weld symbol ... that works normally as well. I can see all 3D annotations except 3D notes.

DaveHeipel
6-Contributor

Look for the config option "model_note_display no" in your Current Session. I have that in place so that all my standard hole notes don't clutter my screen. I also forgot it was there. I changed it to "yes" and anotation notes became visible.

In Reply to Dustin Hase:

Running WF5 M140, I cannot seem to create a visible 3D notation, yet dimensions work fine. I create and place the note (flat to screen or otherwise), it shows up in the model tree as shown and not hidden, but does not appear in the model in any set orientation. I have annotation datums visible, display_annoation set to yes by default, and visible_annotations_scope set to all. The notation doesn't even highlight in the model when I select it in the model tree.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

David H. Heipel, CAD Administrator
Zin Technologies, Inc.
NASA Glenn Research Center
21000 Brookpark Road, MS 86-10
Cleveland, OH 44135

dustin
1-Newbie

That particular option doesn't seem to exist in WF5 M140. Strange. I seem to recall setting that option before as well.

In Reply to Dave Heipel:

Look for the config option "model_note_display no" in your Current Session.

Zin Technologies, Inc.
Cleveland, OH 44135

SOLUTION:

"Hello Dustin,

There is a separate switch for 3D notes. I have an icon on my toolbar that I put there a while ago. I have been trying to figure out where this resides in the menu structure and I can’t find it. I think it used to be in the TOOLSà ENVIRONMENT menu. Help doesn’t even find it. But if customize your toolbar by TOOLS à CUSTOMIZE SCREEN.

Then going to the COMMANDS tab, the VIEW Category and about half way down is the icon for 3d Notes Display.

That must be activated to see 3D notes (such as thread call outs for tapped holes).

I hope this helps."--Karl Krahmer

As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to accomplish this without the command button in your interface. I can't find an option to do this or a menu option. Logic would suggest it should reside in either VIEW-->DISPLAY SETTINGS-->MODEL DISPLAY or VIEW-->DISPLAY SETTINGS-->DATUM DISPLAY, but this particular display toggle is a ghost.

Thank you everyone for your assistance!

iancure
1-Newbie

On WF4 config.pro option

visible_annotations_scope all

DaveHeipel
6-Contributor

In Reply to Dustin Hase:

There used to be a check box in the Environment dialog box for the 3D notes Display. For some reason it's been removed. This is what the config option was turning on or off. As mentioned, the config option also no longer shows up on the options list. But since these legacy things are retained, it still works. The customize screen approach seems to be the only way to get this button back now.

That particular option doesn't seem to exist in WF5 M140. Strange. I seem to recall setting that option before as well.

In Reply to Dave Heipel:

Look for the config option "model_note_display no" in your Current Session.

Zin Technologies, Inc.
Cleveland, OH 44135

SOLUTION:

"Hello Dustin,

There is a separate switch for 3D notes. I have an icon on my toolbar that I put there a while ago. I have been trying to figure out where this resides in the menu structure and I can’t find it. I think it used to be in the TOOLSà ENVIRONMENT menu. Help doesn’t even find it. But if customize your toolbar by TOOLS à CUSTOMIZE SCREEN.

Then going to the COMMANDS tab, the VIEW Category and about half way down is the icon for 3d Notes Display.

That must be activated to see 3D notes (such as thread call outs for tapped holes).

I hope this helps."--Karl Krahmer

As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to accomplish this without the command button in your interface. I can't find an option to do this or a menu option. Logic would suggest it should reside in either VIEW-->DISPLAY SETTINGS-->MODEL DISPLAY or VIEW-->DISPLAY SETTINGS-->DATUM DISPLAY, but this particular display toggle is a ghost.

Thank you everyone for your assistance!

Dave

For Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M140 the Annotation Display is now a toolbar icon button on far right with all the display option buttons (see attached).

Have a GREAT day!

Greg

Greg Hamel

Senior Consultant/Certified PTC Instructor

Ve-U, a division of Visible Edge, Inc.

38 Technology Way

Millyard Technology Park

Nashua, NH 03060-3245

Phone: (603) 595-1422 x233

ghamel@visible-edge.com

http://www.Visible-Edge.com

Coincidently, the same day this thread started I had a student taking the 3D drawing course for WF4, but in CEP5 M140 and the notes were a problem. Still haven't found a solution.

The good new is that they work properly in Creo Parametric 2.0 M010! However, I'm getting a fatal error when I try to display combined views. The test was withafile that was created in CEP5.

Greg Hamel

Senior Consultant/Certified PTC Instructor

Ve-U, a division of Visible Edge, Inc.

38 Technology Way

Millyard Technology Park

Nashua, NH 03060-3245

Phone: (603) 595-1422 x233

ghamel@visible-edge.com

http://www.Visible-Edge.com

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags