cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Annotation showing up when printing a model

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Annotation showing up when printing a model

I am printing out a model (parts on a fixture) and I have annoations that show up.

This only happens on a few prints. Any thoughts on what may be causing this and what I need to change to prevent it.

See below:

print_model.jpg

Thanks, Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I went into the generic part and used the selector to choose Annotation. Then chose and hid the annotations and saved the part. Now the annotation no longer print out on the assembly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

They are look like DDAE in model. I guess someone converted into DDAE as I did a few days ago! go to Annotation > detail, they maybe show there, to delete them, they will not be DDAE and will not show in printed model.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jzhang-3)

Are you talking the annotation tab in the drawing? I am only in the model and not in the drawing at all. I do not see an annotation tab in the model.

Thanks, Dale

No, I talk Annotate in model.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jzhang-3)

(WF5/Creo)

I click on the icon that is an annotation with the eyeball (see annotations) similar to turning on the plane, axis, points, coords and refresh and there isn't anything that shows up. Is that what you are talking about?

Thanks, Dale

I am in Creo 2.0. There are Model/ Analysis/ Annotate/Render/Tools/View/Application in model.

It annnotation is not show in Model Tree, go to tree filter and select Annotations.

In Model, go to Annotate, Detail tree pop up, if there are some annotations, they are DDAE and show in model forever when you print out as snapshot: pdf, tif etc.

After you delete DDAE annotations, they will not show on model.

I have a default layer called Hide_Me. I place everything annoying on that layer. It is a very full layer at times

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

The problem is that I do not see it on the screen. It only shows up when I print.

That's got to be a reportable bug. Doesn't the print dialog have an Export Annotations hook?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I just opened and printed the part that is in the fixture by itself and the annotation are there (in the print - not on the screen). So at least I have narrowed the search to the culprit being.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I just opend the part that was a sub-part of the part that was in the fixture and now on the screen I see the annotations. Now I need to see what I can do about them.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

If this is an instance in a family table, does the correction have to be made in the generic part?

Generally, you can make a correction at a family table instance and it shows up changed in the master. However, next time you open the master, it reverts. Something in the "suppressed" status doesn't stick with the part but it shouldn't have suppressed in the master in the first place.

This may or may not directly relate to your question, but I have noticed this.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I went into the generic part and used the selector to choose Annotation. Then chose and hid the annotations and saved the part. Now the annotation no longer print out on the assembly.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags