cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Create this relation: SMT_DFLT_BEND_RADIUS = smt_thickness * 1.5

dcaucutt
1-Newbie

Create this relation: SMT_DFLT_BEND_RADIUS = smt_thickness * 1.5

Is there any way of making this relation work?

SMT_DFLT_BEND_RADIUS = SMT_THICKNESS * 1.5

If not, does anyone know why?

Why would a SMT_THICKNESS * 1.5 relation not be functional when SMT_THICKNESSSMT_THICKNESS * 2, and SMT_THICKNESS * .5 all work?

Again, if not, PTC needs to fix this so that these relations can work.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. I looked into this further; I found that if I set the thickness to 1 first, and then, afterward, increase the thickness to what I need, the relation seems to be working. I'm not sure why, but this seems to be working.

Again, thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:dcaucutt)

Sorry, I'm not sure what your problem is.

I have in part relations:

SMT_DFLT_BEND_RADIUS = SMT_THICKNESS*1.5

And it works just fine (Creo 2.0 M200)...

If sheetmetal thickness is set to 1.0, then default radius available is [1.5]

If I change sheetmetal thickness to 3.1415, then radius changes to [4.71225]...

etc...

Perhaps you can provide your model where it isn't working.

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. I looked into this further; I found that if I set the thickness to 1 first, and then, afterward, increase the thickness to what I need, the relation seems to be working. I'm not sure why, but this seems to be working.

Again, thanks!

You probably have some geometry that fails with a larger radius. Look to see if some straight length is becoming close to zero length. At least that is most typical for me.

dcokin
13-Aquamarine
(To:dcaucutt)

As others have said, this relation does work just fine, and you question doesn't give us a hint as to what the nature of the failure you see is.  Getting an error message?  Or changing the multiplier just has no effect after regeneration?

There is one hint in the comments of the relations added automatically to sheet metal parts, that could be relevant:

/* The following relations make the bend allowance parameters     */
/* of part to be dependent on the assigned material, if the value */
/* of the parameter SMT_UPDATE_BEND_ALLOW_INFO is YES.  */

Perhaps you have a material applied that's overriding your change to the relations?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags