cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to disable selection filters?

KenFrederick
3-Visitor

How to disable selection filters?

This is driving me crazy. Is there any way to disable the selection filters so I can freely pick what I want, like I used to be able to do before Creo?

selection.JPG

(one of these days I will meet up with whoever thought creo was a good idea. Its not going to be pretty.)

8 REPLIES 8

Well it says hold alt.

Yeah and there is a period at the end of the sentence. Before you get to the period, its says "temporarily".

Put filter on geometry helps a bit?

This is ridiculous.  I am now holding the ALT key the entire time I am making a 2D drawing.

This problem mostly went away past wildfire 5/ Creo/Elements Pro.

Your selection filter works best when set to general.

What exactly are you trying to do?

I wish I knew. I only had to reply to say I'm with you, it's the one thing I just CANNOT get used to, and I just came googling again to see if there's a way to disable it. Yes I know about the alt key, but like you said you have to use every time, so that doesn't make it any less annoying.

You can always try to set up your own filter with everything in it. When in Drawing Mode go to File > Options > Selection and move everything to My Filter area. You can also set this custom filter as default selection filter.

Thanks Lakasz, yeah I did that, and added everything that was available. It helped "some", but it still doesn't have everything in there, plus the fact that the filter tends to automatically change to "general" and you have to keep put it back.

So even with that in place, it still drives me mad!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags