cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Import Excel Table to Populate Hole Table

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Import Excel Table to Populate Hole Table

Hello,

Is there a way to import an Excel table of coordinates into a creo hole table?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi William,

Unfortunately, it currently isn't part of the functionality to import any files when creating a hole table.

Amit

William,

if you want to insert into the drawing the dumb table not linked to drawing model, then:

• open the table in Excel and save it as csv file with values separated by comma
  • insert csv file into the drawing using Table From File command

MH

Martin Hanák
wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:wbottis)

This is a solution to my original question.  I thought I would share it.

If I have a series of x and y coordinates for hole positions in Excel and I want to import them into a part model;

1. Open the part model.

2. Insert a dummy hole.

3. Pattern the hole (create at least one more hole for a total of 2).

4. Edit the pattern and change to 'Table Pattern'.

5. Edit the table.

6. Save the table with the CREO '.ptb' suffix (e.g. holes.ptb).

7. Retrieve the .ptb file and open in Notepad.

8. Cut and paste the x and y coordinates from Excel into the .ptb file you just opened in Notepad.  You must format the columns in Excel to mimic the format in the ptb file before cutting and pasting. Save this file and close it.

9. Go back to CREO and Edit the table pattern.

10. Click 'File' > 'Read' > enter the filename of the hole table discussed above (e.g. holes.ptb).

11. Click 'OK'

12. Save and Exit the hole table editor and click the check mark.

13. The holes should show up in your part.

14. Note: you made need to toggle sign conventions on the x and y values to coincide with the convention used by CREO.  This will be readily evident if the holes do not fall into the field of the part as expected.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags