cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Instal problems

ptc-4138698
1-Newbie

Instal problems

I bout and downloaded the student edition, the download completed 100% but it doesnt work. it wont open, no error messages nothing? anybody else have this happen? its been taking forever to hear back from any one at PTC..

5 REPLIES 5

What program do you mean?

I believe it was the student edition of creo 2 (200$) on the ptc site, I am starting to get pretty frustrated, i have tried a complete uninstall and reinstall. the install seems to work perfect, but nothing works, help please..

Try to fill PTC Academic support request form, here: http://www.ptc.com/go/academic-support

P.S. What Windows OS are you using?

Vlad

I believe that I have windows vista 64 bit, I will have to make sure, (i should know this but im not 100%). I tryed to download the free 30 day trial offer they are providing and it did the exact same thing... Downloaded and installed fine, but when i tried to open the program it gave me a "fatal error" message that flashed for less that a second. so fast that i cant read much more than just fatal error....

I used to have a ptc wildfire student edition that expired about a mounth ago, could that have anything to do with it?

I have sent that request form a few times, as well as email and phone calls... They dont email back for days and their responses are seriously 1-2 sentenses, then you have to wait a day or 2 to hear back again (so annoying)... I have class till after 5 everyday and thats when customer support is gone.. so I called this past weekend and found out i need a platnium or gold pack to get customer servis on the weekend? whats up with that??? I got out early yesterday and called, I was on hold for over a half hour, untill my phone died... I honestly have had it and am about to try and get my $$ back.

sorry for the rant I feel better now ha, but seriously this has to be one of the worst experiencds I have had with customer service for ANYTHING in my whole life, At this point going to the DMV and Dentist back to back seems like a vacation.

If someone from PTC reads this and actually care, Please help make this right. Im giving it another few days till i get my $ back

Bari
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-4138698)

Make sure about your OS since Vista is not supported (at least for the commercial version).

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/135225/en/creo2_hw_notes.pdf

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags