cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Preferred Mouse Brands

larry.smith
1-Newbie

Preferred Mouse Brands

At our company the normal 3D seat configuration comes with the Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical (5-button). We have learned that... We need to use driver version 5.2 or we will have anomalies. Use a PS/2 adapter rather than the USB port. This will eliminate the click-click anomaly. The PTC support desk says that only 3-button mice are supported. So I would like to know from the users. What brands are showing the least amount of problems?[/b]
5 REPLIES 5

we use Logitech all the time, you may need to config Middle Button when installing new driver.

I am using the Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel for all my 64 Bit CAD software. I really enjoy this mouse but I am looking at adding a 3D SpaceNavigator or Space Explorer by 3DConnexion to speed things up. I am wondering if anyone has any comments on these.

I think there's a previous post about this issue somewhere. Anyway, we use Logitech Revolution Advanced Mx and Logitech 3dConnexion Space Pilot. Other teammante uses Logitech MX 500, and another a microsoft wireless laser 7000. It'd be better if ptc goes for a full support in advanced mice, such as they give higher performance and time saving In order to answer that last question, the 3dconnexion allows a full motion in all 6 degrees, coming very handy at modeling, assemblying, sketching and detail drawing (most of all). It is a bit awkward to master, but once you do, (took me 3 weeks), you save close to 30% of time, that is our perspective of the product, It is a gread high performance asset, a little expesinve, but to me is worthy, moreover we had 2 for our senior modellers, and we just bought an extra 2 more for are junior modellers.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ClaudioStammitt)

I use a Kensington 5 button optical mouse on the right hand, and a 3dconnexion Space Explorer on the left. No problems with either one.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

did the use of intellimouse ever get resolved? i have found that if i use the built-in drivers w/ vista, the 3 buttons work fine w/ pro, but using the intellimouse drivers kills the middle scroll wheel functions (in pro only).
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags