cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thin Protusion, Too Thin? (WF4)

LeeCasey
1-Newbie

Thin Protusion, Too Thin? (WF4)

Hi, since using WF4 I am having a problem with thin protusions being too thin? I never had this problem in any other version of pro/e. Is it some kind of material configuration or something? I just want to do a thin protusion which is 2mm thick. Here is a screenshot incase you dont understand what I mean.
7 REPLIES 7

My guess is it is a combination of your part accuracy the dimensions of the feature you are creating, and the dimensions of the other features in your model. You might try changing the 813.77mm length to something different to see if ProE will create the feature.

Even if I change the 814.77 to say 50, I still get the same problem. Could you elaborate more on the "part accuracy" explanation? How do I modify part accuracy.

menu, edit, setup, accuracy. I work in inches, my default accuracy is .0012. I usually change that to .0004. Lame workaround like everything else in ProE.
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:RobOlds)

What is the longest length in your part? Looking at the dimensions you are specifying it looks like you're trying to create a feature that has a very short dimension and a very long one? Parts are initially created with relative part accuracy enabled. With the part open select Edit>Setup>Accuracy. Also take a look in the Help under Part Modeling>Part and in the index look at accuracy. It recommends setting the accuracy to less than the ratio of the smallest edge on the part to the length of the largest side that would contain the part.

Technically, the "size" of a model, used for Relative Accuracy as well as filtering in a Simplified Representation, is "the diagonal of the bounding box" (the default XYZ box just enclosing the model). Also be aware that you can set Absolute Accuracy, but you must set the config option enable_absolute_accuracy to yes. (The default is no.)

Lee, I also have a question for you. What method did you use to put your screen shot into your post. Some folks have been unable to see screenshots in my post responses because they are blocked from accessing ImageShack which I have been using to date. Thanks! David

Thanks all, I will try to tweek the part accuracy and report back. To take the screenshot I just uploaded the image to my personal web server.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags