cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Wildfire 4 to Wildfire 3

ptc-1836512
1-Newbie

Wildfire 4 to Wildfire 3

I just completed an assignment. I did the work in ProE WF4. I just found out my customer is using ProE WF3. Is there anyway to translate the file back to WF3 so he can open them? Currently I have both versions loaded on my computer (WF3 and WF$.) When I select the ProE Icon it automatically opens WF4. How do I access the WF3 software in the future?
8 REPLIES 8

Walter There has been several posts on going backwards and the short answer is not directly can you save to an earlier version. On your shortcut, you need to create a new icon (WF3) that targets the WF3 bin directory with the name of launch of Pro-E. I cannot say that the name is that it is pro-e.bat or ? Some people rename the start command during the installation. Eric

I have had success with the GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER from the free downloads section. Your customer will not be able to modify features that you have created, however they will be able to open them in 3.0.

U can save ur file in either IGES or STEP or even in NEUTRAL format tat available with pro-e to open the higher version file to lower version.

"Ryan Seefeldt" wrote:

I have had success with the GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER from the free downloads section. Your customer will not be able to modify features that you have created, however they will be able to open them in 3.0.

Going back to the original question. Someone told me that in this case, I might be able to save the drawings as .dwg files and then open them in ProE WF3. This method does lose the model tree. I have yet to try it. The customer worked with the pdf's I created.

Walter In a recent situation I faced the organization I work for uses WF3 and I received a file in WF4, but the saving grace on that one was that they included a dumb solid in the form of a step model. I had some geometry that I need some vendor input and I was able to compare their step model to my WF3 model. Unfortunately someone ends up doing double work if they need a parametric model in an older version of Pro-E. Even the granite way gives you a model without a history tree. At least Pro-E models can be opened in later versions of Pro-E compared to other CAD software where you must migrate the model to the latest release. Eric

"Ryan Seefeldt" wrote:

"Ryan Seefeldt" wrote:

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags