cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Parametric Ansys Simulation Tips and Techniques

No ratings

Check out this video on Creo Parametric Ansys Simulation Tips and Techniques session  from PTC Application Engineers.

Presenters: Lino Tozzi (Solution Consulting, Fellow) and Ryan Butcher (Solution Consulting, Fellow).

Creo Ansys Simulation Learning 

Comments

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Anonymous:  Does Creo Simulate have model validation capabilities?  Or is there another feature in Creo that can be used to check assemblies with overlapping parts, etc. or is this not possible in Creo?

Answer:  Validating models can be done with Interference Checks and ModelCheck, which is included in every seat of Creo Parametric.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Kevin:  What is the CPU limit for Creo Simulation (Mechanica)?

Answer:  to run Creo Simulation Live, PTC recommends the following minimum hardware:  A dedicated NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPU card (Quadro recommended) based on the Kepler, Maxwell, or Pascal architecture.

https://www.ptc.com/it/support/article/cs302825

Quadro M4000

Quadro P4000

Quadro RTX 4000

Quadro RTX 5000

Quadro RTX 6000

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Raghu:  I am seeing Ansys Simulation on the top menu, but don't see any mesh!  I am a bit confused.  I thought Creo Ansys Simulation models have a mesh.  Is that not true?

Answer:  Yes, it uses the Ansys physics based mesh.

Question from Raghu:  But I do not see "Mesh Control" in the model tree, didn't see the mesh in the graphics window.

Answer:  It is under the "Refine Model" tab.

Version history
Last update:
‎Nov 29, 2022 10:52 AM
Updated by:
Labels (3)
Contributors