cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

AFX / EFX Embedded vs seperate Install?

neluyt1
1-Newbie

AFX / EFX Embedded vs seperate Install?

Hi All

1. Embedded Install - EFX is an option when installing Proe/Creo, it installs into the Creo installation directory, and you activate it using the config option EFX_ENABLED YES (AFX_ENABLED YES for latest versons....).

2. You can download the EFX7.0 M010 installation and install into a seperate location. You add a Protk.dat entry into your config file pointing to the efx/bin folder and the relevant toolkit application file that is supported with your version of ProE.

So lets assume you have an EFX license, both these methods gets you into a position to run EFX.

With method 2, you have addituional admin to keep the seperate install up to date, however if you just update Creo to a later build, you will not lose your customizations because of the seperate install.

My question is which is best?

PS: What's with the undercover, secret squirrel renaming of EFX to AFX without telling anybody...? I only found out because with the latest Creo, my EFX_ENABLED config option didnt work anymore... because PTC renamed the application... and I was unable to smell the change on the wind in time...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Method 1 is correct way to install.

You then point AFX to your customized libraries.
Top Tags