cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Add Text Symbol ST using ProToolKit in Creo

zynkana
10-Marble

Add Text Symbol ST using ProToolKit in Creo

Hi all,

I want to add any "text symbol" which is available in Text Symbol pallet to dimension as a prefix using ProToolKit in Creo3.0. Anybody help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NK

3 REPLIES 3

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Additional-Creo-Questions/Text-Symbol-into-Drawing-table-using-toolkit/td-p/100965

"Symbol mode" is bounded by ASCII characters \001 at the start and \002 at the end. These are achieved in normal use by typing <Ctrl>+A and <Ctrl>+B respectively in the Creo note editor.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. This is for adding available text symbols in text symbols pallet. The symbol which I want to add is not available in text symbol pallet. Also, the symbol contains text and line elements which is something similar to ST symbol. <Ctrl A>+ SPACE + <Ctrl B>.

Once again I thank you for your time, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

NK

zynkana
10-Marble
(To:zynkana)

I have edited "ST" symbol (with short cut key CtrlA+<space>+CtrlB) in "Special.src" to "S". Compiled the edited "Special.src" using "compile_font.exe" and it generated two file 1."special.fnt" , 2. scratch.ndx.

I had pasted these two files in "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M040\Common Files\x86e_win64\text\usascii\".

Restarted both Creo and system but there is no change in the symbol "ST" to "S".

and what does " code 150 96" in "special.src" file mean?

Can anyone help me in this regard...

Regards

Top Tags