cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Add "-" value in empty cells in Repeat Region Table

pratik_chougule
7-Bedrock

Add "-" value in empty cells in Repeat Region Table

Hello all,

I have Repeat Region Table, with rpt_qty columns of 6 different Models (Assemblies).

There are few common & uncommon parts between all 6 models.
The one which are repeated are displayed in the Repeat Region Table, but the rest are left blank.

I want these blank cells filled with "-" (Dash) value.

Capture.PNG

I want to do this with using either Toolkit or Relations.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pratik

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I think solution of your request is data dependent. Please upload Creo files.

Martin Hanák

I am skeptical that it is possible. Toolkit : No way. can give a try with Relation , but I doubt

just a thought.

use bulk items to fake non-existing components. use a part level parameter to mark the component as dummy one.

follow the recipe from tech support for repeat region relations:

How to show different quantity values for each assembled instance of a single component in Assembly repeat region BOM table 

repeat region relations would look something like this

if exists ("asm_mbr_dummy_parameter")

custom_qty = "-"

else

custom_qty=itos(rpt_qty)

HIH.

FV.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:FV)

actually, it is much simpler, bulk items are not needed...

take a look at the attached picture.

The 'hack' in this approach is to 'hide' the actual columns with rpt.index attached to the specific assemblies.

repeat_region_with_qty_per_column.PNG

HIH.

FV.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:FV)

Does this mean you always show quantity from relevant parameters? In your case, three different parameters need to be added into each part and repeat region should be updated with three new columns with new parameters?

If my understanding is not correct, could you please elaborate how you achieved hyphen in BOM?

-Ketan

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

Ketan, you are absolutely correct. In case when out-of-the-box repeat region functionality to be used you would have to create table columns with all relevant data in order to call repeat region relations. Those relations are doing nothing more than converting integer types to string types. The 'hack' portion is - you would have to 'hide' columns with integer data (rpt.qty) from viewing/printing - to do this you would need to set column's width to some value which is close to 0 and this would effectively 'hide'  columns ...

If one would use pro/toolkit - column hiding would be unnecessary... The repeat region table would need to be configured with asm.mbr.name columns and  without rpt.qty columns, just add empty columns as space holders for data which would be filled by the app . pro/e will generate all necessary rows on its own and those rows will have a number of 'empty' cells. pro/toolkit app would have to perform component counting and output quantity values as strings to relevant cells with ProDwgtableTextEnter(...). use  ProDwgtableCellComponentGet(...) to determine the component in question. The drawback of this approach is -  pro/toolkit app has to handle 'table update' requests - otherwise the table data gets out of sync - this adds code and complexity.

HIH.

FV.

Top Tags