cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Annotation shows sluggish behavior on Creo Parametric 8 and Async Java App

hamzawaseem
6-Contributor

Annotation shows sluggish behavior on Creo Parametric 8 and Async Java App

Hi,

I am using an Async Java App with my Creo 8. The app adds a few commands and buttons on the Global Menu in Ribbon. Whenever I am using the app, the annotation shows sluggish behavior, like, if I type a sentence in the Note, each alphabet takes around 1 sec to be typed. This only happens when my async java app is running, if I disable that app, the sluggish behavior goes away. Any help?

Thanks.

Hamza
2 REPLIES 2

I have seen this kind of thing happen when I have been working for a while or have a large model in memory, etc. I've always suspected it was just that I had too much data in memory at the same time, or perhaps there is some sort of memory leak associated with the particular Creo functionality I've been using. NC simulations are a notable repeat offender.

Perhaps your application has some underlying trouble with memory? Haven't ever used Creo with an async application so no personal experience. If it's constantly triggering events, maybe that's clogging the queue and causing slow response to keyboard and other "normal" events?

Hi @hamzawaseem,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags