cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Api to add filters to creo drawing repeat regions (Hide table column in Family table info)

parsi
6-Contributor

Api to add filters to creo drawing repeat regions (Hide table column in Family table info)

parsi_0-1663080677816.png

Actually, I'm planning to hide some of columns in "Repeat region table", which contains family table information.

Could you please help me , how to hide specific columns y name using VB API or tool kit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YaroslavSin
17-Peridot
(To:parsi)

Creo allow save any drawing table to .tbl file. Create a table with filters then Table - Save table.

From toolkit call ProDwgtableRetrieve() to load this table from file and place it to a drawing.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
FabianWolf
12-Amethyst

There was a similar case here but it was about gathering the filters that were applied to a table:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/Checking-repeat-region-filter-with-toolkit/td-p/616609?art_lang=en&posno=3&q=filters%20for%20drawing%20tables&TechnicalArea=Toolkit&source=search

Result: No API that supports accessing drawing table filters 😞

YaroslavSin
17-Peridot

What is the goal for create the filter on the fly using api?

Is it possible to create a table template with the filter and load the table from file?

parsi
6-Contributor
(To:YaroslavSin)

@YaroslavSin  In my case, user is creating the repeat region table with family table information.

But after few revisions, we are adding some new parameters to family table column and it's getting automatically added to table in drawing and table is going beyond the sheet.

We need to only few columns needs to visible and remaining needs to be hide in drawing table.  

As per our suggestions, we may do that based on CREO feasibility, but we need to add all required filters (More than 20) in table template and use that template while creating the new table.

My question here, what is the solution for already existing tables. How to control this issue ?

YaroslavSin
17-Peridot

I think, you can using API:

1. Find table in the drawing

2. Delete this table

3. Create new table with filters by loading the table from a file

parsi
6-Contributor

@YaroslavSin  , Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we can do first two steps using api.

Could you please share any information related to step 3 like creating a table with filters and insert in a drawing. That would more helpful  for us..

YaroslavSin
17-Peridot

Creo allow save any drawing table to .tbl file. Create a table with filters then Table - Save table.

From toolkit call ProDwgtableRetrieve() to load this table from file and place it to a drawing.

parsi
6-Contributor

Thanks @YaroslavSin 

Top Tags