cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Auto name Feature Names in assembly

bwudtke
10-Marble

Auto name Feature Names in assembly

Hi All,

Can someone help me with some customization?  Or potentially maybe there is a setting for this already.  I am looking to run a program to automatically generate feature names in a assembly.  I added these in manually below, but some automation would be great.  I am not really familiar with writing any code in Creo.

bwudtke_1-1583259519105.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Originally upon writing this post, our thought was to use the feature name (which publishes in windchill as the "reference designator") to distinguish line items visually in the Windchill part structure occurrences.  Upon further analysis, we found some some key check boxes shown below to give a visual reference.  The reason we are doing this was to publish occurrence attributes with specific values for individual components (one of which is Torque of bolts).

bwudtke_1-1587475802027.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

This post has my mind running... when and why would you do this?   I am assuming maybe a name for a location (e.g. RH LH) for the same parts as an example?

Originally upon writing this post, our thought was to use the feature name (which publishes in windchill as the "reference designator") to distinguish line items visually in the Windchill part structure occurrences.  Upon further analysis, we found some some key check boxes shown below to give a visual reference.  The reason we are doing this was to publish occurrence attributes with specific values for individual components (one of which is Torque of bolts).

bwudtke_1-1587475802027.png

We have automation code written for uniquely naming components and pieces
of equipment.

Please email me, phil.clukies@cadactive.com for more info.

Maybe, you can use auto-generated Feat ID instead?

Hi!

We have a tool that does this. We are toolkit developers that specialize in Creo customization. We can automatically generate the feature names. Check out our website, CadActive.com, and email me at Phil.clukies@cadactive.com to learn more. 

Top Tags