cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Automated Mass Property Extraction

vbadger
5-Regular Member

Automated Mass Property Extraction

Creo 8.0.1.0 version.

I am looking for a way to automate every step in the generation of the mass report in Creo. Ideally an external script would communicate with Creo to obtain available workspaces which I then select along with the assembly file and Simple Rep I would like to chose. The script would then generate the mass report and then the user grabs the output. 

I have a working Mapkey that does the mass report steps but the interrogation of the data in Creo to be used by an external script is something that I have not tried to do and have seen little to no documentation.    

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:vbadger)

IMHO Creo does not do a great job with mass properties. I have been frustrated with what it does and doesn't do.

How are you pulling the mass properties? Are you relying on the PRO_MP_MASS parameter or are you getting it from the mass properties analysis feature? Are you handling the assigned mass properties?

The pro_mp_mass is not always correct. It only updates when the user generates the report unless you have the config option that sets it to run upon regen but that is a killer for large assembly management.

If you are using the mass properties analysis feature then it doesn't output the components that have 0 solid geometry which leaves you with an incomplete report.

I am going this by using a mapkey that calls the mass properties analysis feature and then merges that with data from a repeat region to get level, description, etc. Its not perfect though because as I stated above the analysis feature data is an incomplete dataset.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Chris3)

There is not a lot of interest here, but I completely disagree with the first answer. But it is getting more complicated with bodies. Check  this and see the „Mass properties - Traverse an assembly and export mass properties“ section. 

Top Tags