cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

BOM balloon note using toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

BOM balloon note using toolkit

Hello

A big headache once it is toolkit and Balloons..! 🙂 AFAIK, there is no API for Creo generated Balloons using repeat region...We can get variable text if balloons are created using custom symbol....

Now, we have come across scenario where user is creating balloon note (Table-->Balloons-->Balloon Note).we would like to iterate all the balloon notes in drawing. Same are getting collected from API ProDrawingDtlnotesCollect(). But obviously , this API collects all note, not only balloon note. Query is how to filter balloon note from notes?

Any suggestions on this would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot for your time and help...!

2 REPLIES 2

@Ketan_Lalcheta for my knowledge still there is no direct filter option. But you try the filter using the keyword given in the BOM balloons. while using ProDtlvartextDataGet command, You can get both name and value of the text. The name used to be the parameter value. In most case, name Index & Qty as parameter name for balloons and I collected the values of those. Hope it helps

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"

Hi

Does this variable text applies to Balloon Note as well? I feel it is applicable to symbol instances, not to notes.

Top Tags