cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can I create watermarks in PDF with the toolkit ??

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:CHASEONHO)

Chaseonho,

I myself am new to using Toolkit (we just purchased it), so I cannot answer if Toolkit has a watermark API/capability.  However, there are other options for creating watermarks on PDF's.

You can use a tool like PDF TK (https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/) to manipulate the PDF after it is created.  You can write your PTC Toolkit program to:

1. generate the PDF from Creo Parametric placing it in a temporary directory
  2. add the watermark to the PDF via the PDF TK commands
  3. move the PDF to its final destination

We do this already, without using PTC's toolkit, via a series of mapkeys and AutoIT scripts.

There are other PDF manipulation program available, but for us, PDF TK was approved for use already (and it's free).

Regards,

Dan N.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:CHASEONHO)

Chaseonho,

I myself am new to using Toolkit (we just purchased it), so I cannot answer if Toolkit has a watermark API/capability.  However, there are other options for creating watermarks on PDF's.

You can use a tool like PDF TK (https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/) to manipulate the PDF after it is created.  You can write your PTC Toolkit program to:

1. generate the PDF from Creo Parametric placing it in a temporary directory
  2. add the watermark to the PDF via the PDF TK commands
  3. move the PDF to its final destination

We do this already, without using PTC's toolkit, via a series of mapkeys and AutoIT scripts.

There are other PDF manipulation program available, but for us, PDF TK was approved for use already (and it's free).

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags