cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can we pop-up reminder to save data after every 30 min by using ProToolkit to avoid data loss if creo crash ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

Can we pop-up reminder to save data after every 30 min by using ProToolkit to avoid data loss if creo crash ?

Hi,

We are facing lot of problems of creo crashing and losing all work. we inform to all our designer to save data regularly but some times they forget and lose all important work after crash.

so i want to pop-up reminder after every 30min or 15min to save model, so designer can remind to save the data which will help to reduce work loss.

If it is possible then pls can you guide me process (If API included then its really helpful to me)

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

4 REPLIES 4

You can do this with VBA as part of Excel or Word or AutoIt or AHK. AutoIt and AHK programs can be started as part of the Creo batch file process and can be programmed to pop up reminders as well as do other useful functions that are irritating to do otherwise. I expect the same is true of VBA, but I haven't used it to directly automate such a timer.

Toolkit could be used, but it is a much more involved process.

What about using AutoSave from SuppUtils? - http://www.cogras.cz/Products/Supputils

There are lots of freeware timer utilities out there, just use one of them with a countdown time setting.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ppandarkar-2)

Hello all,

Prashant, you could make a simple script which would periodically scan user trail files for 'ProCmdModelSave' word and pop up a notification dialog if the 'time-distance' between  the last found word and the current time exceeds the specified time interval. No Pro/Toolkit API's would be required.

If going Pro/Toolkit (OTK) route - probably the simplest approach is to use ProCmdBracketFuncAdd function for 'Save' related commands or to use ProNotification  for pre- and post- file management events and you would need to familiarize yourself with fully asynchronous or simple asynchronous application types.

HIH.

Feliks.

Top Tags