cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Change Reference Balloon Symbol folder

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Change Reference Balloon Symbol folder

Hello,

I checked that "Create Ref Balloons" uses below two symbol files from C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\symbols\report\bomballoon location:

• qty_ref_bln
  • smp_ref_bln

If I will delete above two files and try to do "Create Ref Balloons", creo crashes.

My query is as below:

• I am using creo 2.0 M090 and M120.
  • Once I will delete above mentioned two symbol files, It should take all symbols from directory of M120.
  • I am not sure how to change directory in creo drawing file for symbols of "Create Ref Balloons"

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks guys... This discussion helped me... I was updating symbol or deleting symbol from default location on local system but creo was not crashing as there was already at least one ref symbol into drawing file.

Solution is to update customized symbol into default directory on local system itself, but one need to delete earlier reference symbols.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do what I have done is to make a new qty_ref_bln (we use custom qty balloons) but the name needs to be the same as the one provided with creo.

Then I replaced the old one in the bomballoon folder with my newly created one. That will fix NEW drawings or ones that haven't used the old reference balloon.

As far as I know, once the original reference balloon is used on a drawing, you are stuck with it. I have never been able to update it.

I don't believe there is any option for changing the directory for reference balloons. I assume it is hard coded into the software.

Steve

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

It is hard coded. The only way to do it is to make a custom symbol with the same name and put it in the load folder where the original exists.

I have not done this myself, only read in the past of other people doing it.

Correct. Path is hardcoded... I did set custom symbol into hardcoded path and worked perfectly fine.

I checked one of the system which uses default part, assembly and drawing template file from shared folder. I tried to overwrite those symbols into BOM balloon folder on local system and I am not able to see results. This is surprising for me. I deleted those two files from local system and still creo is not crashed. Actually, It should crash as those files are not found out by creo. I am wondering from where it is taking those files?

I suppose it is taking from shared folder. But not sure, from where and what need to be checked into creo config or dtl file for this.

Thanks guys... This discussion helped me... I was updating symbol or deleting symbol from default location on local system but creo was not crashing as there was already at least one ref symbol into drawing file.

Solution is to update customized symbol into default directory on local system itself, but one need to delete earlier reference symbols.

Top Tags