cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Comparison of C ++ TOOLKIT and Java OTK

VladiSlav
17-Peridot

Comparison of C ++ TOOLKIT and Java OTK

Hello everyone!

Many say that the C++ Toolkit is a more advanced tool than Java OTK.
I wanted to know if this is true?
And if so, how far is the JOTK behind the C++ Toolkit?
And is there a future for JOTK, that is, can it become as powerful a tool as the C++ Toolkit or even more powerful?

Respectfully!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I heard that

Free Java OTK has same functionality as J-Link before (little bit more could be).

J OTK (licensed) and C++ OTK should be nearly same. Could be that some of the extra modules (License 222, e.g. TK 3D-Drawing, ...) could be not accessible atm. But inside the general functionality it should be the same.

BUT if a company is bigger than some CAD users (often the line is drawn at 20 +/- some) than Java OTK gets more expansive. AFAIK they overthink these problems but I think at the moment it should be like this.

Br,

Eike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I heard that

Free Java OTK has same functionality as J-Link before (little bit more could be).

J OTK (licensed) and C++ OTK should be nearly same. Could be that some of the extra modules (License 222, e.g. TK 3D-Drawing, ...) could be not accessible atm. But inside the general functionality it should be the same.

BUT if a company is bigger than some CAD users (often the line is drawn at 20 +/- some) than Java OTK gets more expansive. AFAIK they overthink these problems but I think at the moment it should be like this.

Br,

Eike

Thank you very much for your reply!

Top Tags