cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring J-Link in Creo 2.0

SOLVED

Re: Configuring J-Link in Creo 2.0

Hi Koen...

Did you try the J-Link Install Test application I referenced in the above thread? If the test application doesn't work, maybe you have an issue with the JRE. If it does work, then it sounds like you have an issue with your specific setup.

If the test works, I'd steal one of PTC's protk.dat files and modify it to point to your classpath and text_dir. Let us know what the results are.

In your listing above, your text file is in the directory ...\Text while your "text_dir" is pointing to ...\text (lowercase "t"). I know this shouldn't matter but at this point anything is worth a try.

Thanks!

-Brian

Well I finally got the application working.

Like Brian suggested, there seemed to be something wrong with my JRE installation.

I removed Creo 2.0, JRE 6, JRE 7 and my JDK installation.

I ran JavaRa (to clean all my previous JRE installations) and CCleaner (to clean all registry settings related to Java and Creo).

I reinstalled Creo 2.0 WITH JRE and now I can manually load the protk.dat file and the application runs fine...

Still need to install JRE and JDK for development, but atleast this is working...

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Congratulations Koen! I'm glad you got it working!

Too day I'm unsuccessfully trying to run on StartInstallTest jlink in Creo 2 M10,
I get a message in the trail file and dilog:

Message Dialog: Warning Startup of application "InstallTest" failed.

I try different jre, CLASSPATH and set CREO with the standard jre that does not help.

Maybe somebody knows how to turn on DEBUG log CREO to understand the cause of this error.

Or post working configuration.

You probably have to add the location of the custom classes to your classpath (or use other methods of pointing Creo to the custom classes). I compiled the code and changed the included protk.dat file as shown below and it started (this is the method I use to locate the custom classes, there are others). Once it starts you can't do anything with it because the code is obsolete for the new ribbon interface - the command is not designated to be added to the ribbon. Read the user guide to learn more about that.

protk.dat:

name InstallTest

startup java

java_app_class StartInstallTest

java_app_classpath C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M010\jlink\jlink_appls\install_test

java_app_start start

java_app_stop stop

allow_stop true

delay_start false

text_dir C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M010\jlink\jlink_appls\install_test\text

end

Thanks, problem solved, for fine work jlink in Creo 2 need set jre path in config.pro file.

@ Brian J-Link Install Test application. Please help i can't find it I am using Creo2.0

Highlighted

...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\jlink\jlink_appls\install_test