cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Connection between Pro/Toolkit and Object Toolkit C++

Lukasz1
9-Granite

Connection between Pro/Toolkit and Object Toolkit C++

Hello,

I've created Pro/Toolkit customization and I would like to connect to the Creo Parametric instance that is created in another customization, that based on Object Toolkit C++ .

Is such connection possible between different Toolkits possible(Pro/Toolkit and Object Toolkit C++)?

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Lukasz1)

Hi,

The following article may be helpful for you - "Difference between Creo Parametric TOOLKIT and Creo Parametric Object TOOLKIT C++": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS154980 

Hi,

The Creo Parametric instance was initiated by  Object Toolkit C++ and I tried to connect to the instance.

1. By using Object Toolkit C++ I am able to connect

pfcAsyncConnection_ptr conn = pfcAsyncConnection::Connect("", "", "", 5000);

pfcSession_ptr sess = conn->GetSession();

xstring cid = sess->GetConnectionId();

2. By using Pro/Toolkit I am unable to connect to the same instance

ProEngineerConnect("","", "", NULL, PRO_B_TRUE,5000, &choice, &handle);

ProEngineerConnectIdGet(&connID);

Am I doing something wrong in Pro/Toolkit?

Take a look at the documentation chapter "Task Based Application Libraries".

You can interop between a different aux applications in one session (instance) Creo.

Do you want to "talk" between two separate instances Creo Parametric application?

Correct, or be able to connect to the Creo instance created by another toolkit. 

Currently instance created in Object toolkit C++ is not accessible in Pro/Toolkit.

Try this:

ProEngineerConnect(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, PRO_B_TRUE,5000, &choice, &handle);

PS: what an error you get from ProEngineerConnect?

Top Tags