cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Control an assembly from Excel's VBA

njanho
1-Newbie

Control an assembly from Excel's VBA

Hello,

Can somebody help me with the codes, I am trying to control an assembly (the movement on a piston in a hydraulic jack) by entering the distance between the piston and the inner surface of the bore. The assembly and the links are already defined in creo, I only need to change the position of the piston.

I have already succeeded in creating a simple link between Excel and CREO (i.e: I have added PRO_COMM_MSG to the system variables , registered the vb_api-_register.bat , added creo to VB references .... etc.)

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have tried to search in the vba documentation the PTC provides, well sorry PTC but it is so complicated for mech. engineers to understand the codes as well as programmers find difficultiles to understand it. Due to the lack of [downloadable VBA examples]. I highly recommend that you reorganise your VB API user guide, and why not creating video tutorials.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
bgramman
3-Visitor
(To:njanho)

Simplified Logic Inc specializes in bi-directional Excel to Creo or Creo to Excell data transfer this with an application called Nitro-CELL.  Please see this Website: Simplified Logic, Inc. and YouTube Channel:  Simplified Logic, Inc. - YouTube

Announcements

Top Tags