cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Counting the numbers of perimeters

sindl.ecoml.sa
1-Newbie

Counting the numbers of perimeters

Good Afternoon!

I need to know the numbers of perimeters of plates, because I use the value to calculate the LASER machine timing.

The image below shows an example.

Sem+t%C3%ADtulo.png

As you can see, the red area is 1 (one) perimeter, and the yellow area is 1 (one) perimeter, totaling 2 (two) perimeters. The result that I’m looking for is the 2 (two).

I tried to use development tools like Jlink and Weblink, but didn’t find anything as expected.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

If you create a plot file using HPGL output -and- the output is decent, you will be able to count the PU PD commands. There should be two places the pen sets down PD, and two places the pen is lifted up PU. You could also use the file to determine the total length drawn.

Hello,

---

Procedure no.1

---

Analysis > Measure > hold CTRL and select all edges (one by one) and you will get requested value.

---

Procedure no.2

---

1. create a copy of model face, which contains your contours. Select the face > CTRL+C > CTRL+V > finish feature
  2. activate Find tool
  3. Look for: Edge, Look by: Feature, on History tab select Last Feat option > click Find Now
  4. select all selected items (CTRL+A) in "found list" and send the to "selected list" > click Close
  5. Analysis > Measure

Maybe you can create a macro processing steps 2.-5.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks for your answer.

But I need the amount of perimeters and not the total length.

Do you know any way to get this value?

Thank you!

Hello,

I am sorry I did not understand the problem description correctly. This is my fault.

It is possible to count a quantity of countours in Sketcher mode manually, if you choose Project command combined with Loop option and Next command. Sketching plane = face containing contours.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

The type of perimerers you are looking for are called countours. They are available in all API's.

For WebLink look for: pfcSurface.ListContours and pfcContour.Count

For Jlink: surface.ListContours and contours.getarraysize

In Jlink there is a example that are using surface.ListContours. In a Creo installation this example can be found under <load_point>\jlink\jlink_tutorial\solutions\solution_6

Sorry I can't help you more. I'm using mostly Pro/Toolkit and I'm not very familiar with Jlink or WebLink

Thank you for your help!

I'm still learning about the J-link.

I need to learn from the beginning of the J-link, how to start, how to configure, among others.

Announcements

Top Tags