cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 2 Jlink App Help

byork
17-Peridot

Creo 2 Jlink App Help

I am trying to get a simple Jlink app working for Creo parametric 2.0 and I am failing miserably.
No matter what I seem to try I still can't get the app to load in Creo 2.0. I don't know if it is my Jlink program or my machine.

Here are my files. Any help would be appreciated.

myApps.java File
3 REPLIES 3
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:byork)

Brian,
The java classpath cannot be set from the protk.dat file.

java_app_classpath J:/myappsCreo/.

Set it with config.pro option add_java_class_path or set it from your .psf or .bat file that launches Creo.

/Bjarne

Brian -

Everything you have there is correct, and it works on my machine (Bjarne is incorrect about the java_app_classpath statement - all my apps are set up that way and work fine). Check which java compiler you are using - by default Creo uses JRE 6, if you are using JDK 7 it will not work (unless you tell Creo to use JRE 7 through config.pro options). Also be sure if you have your CLASSPATH variable set to point to the pfc.jar file that it is the one in the Creo 2 installation, and not from a previous version.

Thanks,

Josh

In Reply to Brian York:

I am trying to get a simple Jlink app working for Creo parametric 2.0 and I am failing miserably.
No matter what I seem to try I still can't get the app to load in Creo 2.0. I don't know if it is my Jlink program or my machine.

Here are my files. Any help would be appreciated.

myApps.java File
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:byork)

Josh, thank you for the correction.
The java_app_classpath statement is optional, if set in another way.
I set it in the environment, as all my J-Link applications has the same classpath to the package folder. So a simple compare to my startup file showed the difference.

Sorry for the confusion.
/Bjarne
Top Tags