cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 3.0 Asynchronous application error

khomkar
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 Asynchronous application error

Hello,

I am new to Creo 3.0 customization and toolkit APIs.  I have been using Creo_Toolkit_Gsg.pdf file to run the "pt_install_test" application using Creo Parametric and VC++ 2012. I have followed all the steps given in the above mentioned pdf file.In VC++ 2012 and I manged to configure my project platform to "x64" since I'm compling the files on 64-bit machine(Windows 7 x64 OS) and run my test application successfully for "pt_inst_test.dll" for make_install example.

I am not able to compile make_async or make_simple_async for a asynchronous mode application. I am trying to follow same steps and also set PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE. It gives me the compiler error "NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'exe'".

I have re-checked the exe name, protoolkit source path, but no luck. Also, I tried to change the subsystem linker setting, but I am not able to proceed due to the above mentioned error.

Kindly let me know if I missed any step or any sample asynchronous simple application on creo 3.0 steps are available (Please find attached my make_async project for reference).

Thank You in advance.

Regards,
Kalyani

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:khomkar)

Hi Kalyani,

you don't need PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE for the compilation. It seems there is something wrong with the compile command and the compilation is not run at all, because NMAKE - the compiler has not been found in the environment. Please check if the path to nmake.exe is correct

Top Tags