cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 3.0 VBAPI Example Error

teschweiler
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 VBAPI Example Error

Hello!

After installing Creo 3.0, I'm now trying to get the VBAPI to work. After two days of trying I'm running out of ideas and hope that somebody in this forum is able to help me:

What I did so far

• I installed the VB-API
  • set both environmental variables
    • PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE =  "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe"
    • PRO_DIRECTORY = "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M060\Parametric\" <- already tried some variants - maybe someone knows which path is the correct one for Creo 3.0 ???
  • started "vb_api_register.bat" with administrator privileges
  • processes "pro_comm_msg.exe", "nmsd.exe", "pfclscom.exe" are running
  • trying to run the excel example "Async_Mode_Example.xls" with executable path set to "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M060\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" <- tried some variants of that, too

I've tried some other examples (without excel), too, but they all fail with the same error message. As I'm planning to work with excel as the basis for my VB-Creo Application, I'm now concentrating on getting the VB-API to work with the excel example which can be found in the "M060\Common Files\vbapi\vbapi_examples" directory.

Error message

Process Failed: Unknown error occured.

Error No: -2147352567

Error: pfcExceptions::XToolkitNotFound

Does anyone have a clue, how this problem can be solved? It would be great if somebody, who has accomplished to get Creo3.0/VB-API to work, could try to run this example and verify which paths for PRO_DIRECTORY and "executable path" are correct (although I do not think, that this will solve the problem, because the other examples fail with the same error)

Thanks for your ideas!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags