cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 4.0 M010 installation issues with KB2999226

pzago
5-Regular Member

Creo 4.0 M010 installation issues with KB2999226

I'm having troubles installing Creo 4.0 M010 on my system, and also installing Mathcad Express 4.0. Basically what happens is that the installer at the very beginning asks for Universal C Runtime, directs me to the page to download the update, but the update is already installed on my system. PTC platform requirements lists .Net framework 4.6.2 so I installed it, and they mention you need to be "updated to the latest Microsoft updates". I found there was an error in my Windows Update database, took a couple of days to fix it and get all the updates, so now I have all the updates, KB2999226 installed, .Net 4.6.2 installed but still I'm stuck in the "you need Universal C Runtime" loop.

Anyone had this issue and has some feedback? Opened a ticket but received no further help except from what I already tried (and did not work)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:pzago)

7 REPLIES 7
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

if you have Windows 10, then you can try to install Windows 10 SDK

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk

MH

Martin Hanák
pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

I have windows 7, but I see that I can install Windows 10 SDK even on windows 7 as long as I have KB2999226 installed. Maybe it's worth trying, just to check if KB2999226 is doing it's job or not

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Tried to install Windows 10 SDK, it doesn't work either.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

1. What Windows OS are you using?

2. Please send your issue to tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center" (you can do it, even if you use Express version of  Mathcad Prime): Mathcad Support Center

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I forgot to mention, I have Windows 7 SP1, I opened a ticket with Mathcad Support Center but since I was not reachable on the phone for a day the ticket was closed. I have opened a ticket with Creo Support because the issue is the same, and it's related with the installer not with Creo or Mathcad itself

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Paolo,

I recommend that you reopen the Case for Mathcad Prime and specify the highest priority there, and add it to the comments so that they can only contact with you via e-mail. I also did this earlier, they don't have the right to just close the case without your permission.

pzago
5-Regular Member

For anyone with the same issue, here is the patch:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS260389

Top Tags