cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 4 main window location on screen

Meeple
4-Participant

Creo 4 main window location on screen

Is there any way to set the location of the main window on the screen?  For some reason, when I launch Creo (4), the window opens in a location that is below & to the right of the top left corner of the screen like all my co-workers.  I have to move it up & against the left/top edges of the screen every time.  When I open another part, that new window also pops open in the lower offset location and must be moved.

I have tried deleting my config.pro & creo_parametric_customization.ui files and it makes no change (any combination or both).  I have gone to File > Options and tried to make changes there.  I have tried Window Settings: Restore Defaults.  I have tried to move it into the correct location & export the .ui & create a new .ui for my launch point.  Nothing changes this.  

Even setting the config.pro option to open maximized has the window open full width to the screen, but still located down the same amount from the top.

Is there some other way/file to modify/replace to make a permanent change to where my main window opens by default on the screen?

Thanks,
Will

4 REPLIES 4

Depending on where you deleted the config and customization files from, this issue could still be related to settings. I'm not really sure how to comment on that without more information. Setting the following option works for me in Creo 4. 

open_window_maximized yes

You could try adjusting your shortcut so that the program opens maximized. Here's a quick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MqgMI17w3g

Are you using any custom scaling factors in your display settings or a custom resolution? Also, what graphics card are you using?

Ty

Meeple
4-Participant
(To:Tdaugherty)

Ty,

We actually tried a case where we removed both config.pro files (text folder & working directory, verified that when Creo opened, File>Options>Configuration Editor was empty) and still got the same shifted window result with no active config.pro files.  Also we had all .ui files we could find removed.

We also did try the open_window_maximized yes setting, and the window opens full screen width, but shifted down from the top the same amount.  

I tried the maximize shortcut trick and it opens Creo normally (not even full width like the open_window_maximized yes setting), still shifted down to the right.  Also, every new window opened in Creo still gets that shift.  Further, if I hit the button in the upper left of the main window to maximize the Creo window, it does fill the entire screen correctly, but every new window opened in Creo still gets the right & down shift and if I quit everything, the next time I open Creo it is again shifted and not maximized (not using the open_window_maximized yes setting).

Note that other applications I have open in the top left corner normally (or fill the entire screen when opening maximized). 

We are not using any scaling factors & the screen resolution is the recommended maximum for the monitor (2560x1600).  We are using Window 7 & an AMD FirePro V5900 graphics card.

There are 6 users here, we all have the exact same hardware & software.  If I use my config.pro & .ui files on another's computer, there is no problem.  There must be some hidden setting on this computer that got set & I cannot figure out how to unset it.

Thanks,
Will

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Meeple)

I had a problem kind of like this back when we were still using Windows 7. In my case it turned out that I had to delve into the settings for the program in the registry. Somehow I'd managed to mess up the starting position values. It was long ago and I don't remember what the exact settings were in the registry, but you might take a look there. This would perhaps explain why it's only on your computer and not others.

Unfortunately, our IT overlords in the interim have taken away our ability to look at such things, so I can't even see what things are saved in the registry for Creo.

@Meeple ,

you can try loging as different user on your computer. This way you will find whether the problem is related to your user account.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags