cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 4 "Creo Services" install question

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Creo 4 "Creo Services" install question

Has anyone found a way to silently install the Creo Services into a non-default folder using the creosvsc_64.exe file to install the services?

Running "creosvsc_64.exe /install /silent /norestart" will install the software silently, but it installs in the default location (typically c:\program files\common files\PTC).

If you run creosvsc_64.exe with the GUI, you can change the installation folder.  Additionally, if you specify a custom installation folder when installing Creo Parametric via the normal setup.exe file, the services get installed into the custom install folder.

I've tried the typical command line options (like /v"ADDLOCAL=ALL INSTALLFOLDER=C:\myfolderpath"), but they are ignored.

I am able to get the two .msi files that are used to install the creo agent and platform agent.  I can then either modify the .msi, create a transform, or whatever, but I'd prefer to not have to customize this part of the installation.

We create our own installation for Creo Parametric that doesn't use PTC's "xml" file method.  In the past we simply ran the .msi's for the Thumbnail Viewer and Creo Agent.  Since PTC has changed the installation of the Creo Agent into Creo Services (which installs both the Creo Agent and the Creo Platform via separate MSI's and into separate subfolders), we need to update our installation method.

We want to install the software into a different folder for security/scanning purposes.

I have a ticket open with PTC and await their response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:dnordin)

PTC R&D did reply with the answer.

The option is case sensitive.

To change the installation folder via the command line, use the option InstallFolder="C:\myfolder".

The command I used was <cdimage>\install\addon\creosvcs_64.exe /install /quiet /norestart InstallFolder="C:\myfolder"

The software will install in C:\myfolder\creo\

Regards,

Dan N.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:dnordin)

PTC R&D did reply with the answer.

The option is case sensitive.

To change the installation folder via the command line, use the option InstallFolder="C:\myfolder".

The command I used was <cdimage>\install\addon\creosvcs_64.exe /install /quiet /norestart InstallFolder="C:\myfolder"

The software will install in C:\myfolder\creo\

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags