cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo Distributed Batch and Plot File Extensions

TM_7977238
4-Participant

Creo Distributed Batch and Plot File Extensions

Does anyone know if it is possible to override the plot file extension used by the Creo Distributed Batch utility, and the "PLOT/PRINT to file, GENERIC POSTSCRIPT" Task Type Definition (TTD)?

I have tried everything I can think of, but the output plot files are still created with a .ps file extension.

There exists a PCF setting called plot_name that does exactly what I need (if set to no, then a .plt file extension is used instead of .ps for PostScript).

But I cannot seem to get the Batch file to honor the setting.

The help file implies a PCF file can be used to override relevant plot settings, but it doesn't say say exactly how to accomplish this.

I have tried adding my custom .PCF file to the "Configuration Files" node of the batch group, and have tried specifying my custom .PCF file location in the <PCF_FILE></PCF_FILE> element of the TTD file (found right under the <TKFUNC func="ProPrintExecute"> node).

No luck though.

Thank you for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TM_7977238 wrote:

So I also added this to my custom .PCF:

plot_label yes

I again added my .PCF file to the Configuration Files node of my batch group.

The resulting plot file did have the new label.

So, that tells me the batch process does honor some settings in my .PCF file, just not the one I really need (i.e. plot_name).

So, it appears the .ps file extension is "hardcoded" inside the Batch utility, at least when using the Generic PostScript TTD.

So, unless there is another way to get around this, I will have to make do with the .ps extension.

Hi,

I tried to add following line into plot_generic-postscript_use-drawing-size.ttd file

<plot_name>no</plot_name>

Unfortunately out file extension was always .ps.

Note 1: You can ask the same question to PTC Support if you have active support.

Note 2: If it is necessary that the extension be .plt then you can create simple batch file which changes .ps to .plt for all files created using Distributed Batch.

Note 3. You can also create .plt files using standard Creo session running trail file

I were you I would output .plt file using

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@TM_7977238 wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to override the plot file extension used by the Creo Distributed Batch utility, and the "PLOT/PRINT to file, GENERIC POSTSCRIPT" Task Type Definition (TTD)?

I have tried everything I can think of, but the output plot files are still created with a .ps file extension.

There exists a PCF setting called plot_name that does exactly what I need (if set to no, then a .plt file extension is used instead of .ps for PostScript).

But I cannot seem to get the Batch file to honor the setting.

The help file implies a PCF file can be used to override relevant plot settings, but it doesn't say say exactly how to accomplish this.

I have tried adding my custom .PCF file to the "Configuration Files" node of the batch group, and have tried specifying my custom .PCF file location in the <PCF_FILE></PCF_FILE> element of the TTD file (found right under the <TKFUNC func="ProPrintExecute"> node).

No luck though.

Thank you for any advice.

Hi,

following information is just my guess ...

• put plotter option pointing to your custom pcf file into config.pro
  • put path to this config.pro into "Configuration Files" node of the batch group

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the comments.

I added the following to my config.pro file:

plotter PlotFile

That is also the name of the file: PlotFile.pcf

I added the config.pro to the Configuration Files node of the batch group.

File extension still has .ps

It's funny to me that if I do this using the Creo client, the default extension is .plt and I have to add the following to the default postscript.pcf file to get the .ps extension:

plot_name yes.

So, the exact opposite behaviour.

TM_7977238
4-Participant
(To:TM_7977238)

plot_label yes

So, that tells me the batch process does honor some settings in my .PCF file, just not the one I really need (i.e. plot_name).

So, it appears the .ps file extension is "hardcoded" inside the Batch utility, at least when using the Generic PostScript TTD.

So, unless there is another way to get around this, I will have to make do with the .ps extension.

@TM_7977238 wrote:

plot_label yes

Hi,

I tried to add following line into plot_generic-postscript_use-drawing-size.ttd file

<plot_name>no</plot_name>

Unfortunately out file extension was always .ps.

Note 1: You can ask the same question to PTC Support if you have active support.

Note 2: If it is necessary that the extension be .plt then you can create simple batch file which changes .ps to .plt for all files created using Distributed Batch.

Note 3. You can also create .plt files using standard Creo session running trail file

I were you I would output .plt file using

Martin Hanák

How to change .ps extension to .plt ?

Open Command prompt window and use following command

rename *.ps *.plt

See https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000323.htm page. 

Martin Hanák

Yes, I was hoping to do as much as possible in the Batch utility.

What I am trying to accomplish is an automated process.

I will just have to figure out where in the automation flow to do the file rename step.

Or, see if I can change the "consuming application" to look for .ps files in addition to .plt files.

Thanks for your assistance.

@TM_7977238 wrote:

Yes, I was hoping to do as much as possible in the Batch utility.

What I am trying to accomplish is an automated process.

I will just have to figure out where in the automation flow to do the file rename step.

Or, see if I can change the "consuming application" to look for .ps files in addition to .plt files.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi,

one tip for you ... please read https://superuser.com/questions/226828/how-to-monitor-a-folder-and-trigger-a-command-line-action-when-a-file-is-created discussion.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags