cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Drawing BOM Ballooning issues

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Creo Drawing BOM Ballooning issues

Hello

I just want to visit bom balloon present into drawing... Can someone tell me whether I can extract index of bom balloon by collecting each balloons ?

I can't recall as of now what to be done to collect all bom balloons , but it should be symbol instance collect , symbol instance data get and what next should be done ?
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I think this is the right question for PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hello

BOM balloon is drawing symbol. You can collect all symbols in drawing. Using BOM balloon symbol name it is possible to filter only BOM symbols. Next, I think, it is possible to get a text (index) from the symbol.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:
Hello

I just want to visit bom balloon present into drawing... Can someone tell me whether I can extract index of bom balloon by collecting each balloons ?

I can't recall as of now what to be done to collect all bom balloons , but it should be symbol instance collect , symbol instance data get and what next should be done ?

Hi all,

This one is quite involved...

It depends if your drawing has a custom symbol for BOM balloons or proe's default one. If the symbol is proe's default I don't think you will be able to collect symbol instances ( it did not work in the past at least).

With custom BOM symbols there are ways to get the index. 

- if a variable text was used in a symbol definition then just use ProDtlsyminstdataVartextsCollect(..) - there is an example in TestDtlsyminst.c  

- otherwise you'll need to start with collecting ProAsmcomppath's from a repeat region with ProDwgtableCellComponentGet(), collect dtlnotes in cells and get BOM indexes out of a note as a text, build a lookup table (std::map or std::set). After that you'll need to collect symbol instances and get their attachments with ProDtlsyminstdataAttachmentGet(...) and get ProAsmcomppath out the attachment... After that you'll end up with ProAsmcomppath in question and a lookup table...

Good luck.

FV.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:FV)

Yes, for Creo 3.0 M120 also, Creo default BOM balloons are not getting refereed by symbol instances.

I used API ProDrawingDtlnotesCollect() on drawing with and without BOM balloons and found that this API collects BOM Balloons. Now, question is how to filter BOM balloons from all detail notes.

Any idea will be of great help

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:

Yes, for Creo 3.0 M120 also, Creo default BOM balloons are not getting refereed by symbol instances.

I used API ProDrawingDtlnotesCollect() on drawing with and without BOM balloons and found that this API collects BOM Balloons. Now, question is how to filter BOM balloons from all detail notes.

Any idea will be of great help

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Ketan,

Did you try to use PRODISPMODE_SYMBOLIC as it may show the underlying parameter name ?

In any case, what kind of info you are trying to get out of a drawing sheet entities that you could not get directly from repeat region related functionality?

FV. 

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:FV)

I haven't checked it yet. But did you mean to say that for balloon note, symbolic name should be rpt.index like that?

Top Tags