cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Parametric TOOLKIT or Creo Object TOOLKIT C++?

ZRLiu
4-Participant

Creo Parametric TOOLKIT or Creo Object TOOLKIT C++?

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie of Creo toolkit. I am planning to develop a toolkit application to make some of Mechanism modelling automatic. I am not sure which tool I should choose, Creo Parametric TOOLKIT (C language) or Creo Object TOOLKIT C++(C++ language). My Creo version is 4.0 M090. Per my understanding, Creo Object Toolkit may provide a better environment of development, but I am worried about the support for Mechanism. It looks there is few functions in the C++ library for Mechanism, so I still need to call C functions if I use Creo Object Toolkit.

Could you help to provide any suggestions?

Thanks,

ZR Liu

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:ZRLiu)

I'm not a toolkit user, but a simple search brought up the C++ Toolkit Getting Started Guide, which states:

Since C++ and C functions can be used together in the same application,you can use the Creo Parametric TOOLKIT applications where the Creo Object TOOLKIT C++ interfaces are not yet available. To do this seamlessly, the program should be able to obtain Creo Parametric TOOLKIT handles out of Creo Object TOOLKIT C++ objects and vice versa.

In other words, it's just another set of library functions. Using one does not make it impossible to use the other.

ZRLiu
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

I understand that Creo Parametric TOOLKIT functions can be called in C++ applications. But it looks that they cannot be called directly. 

Thanks,

Zhiren

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ZRLiu)

would be a good idea to take a look at PTC provided sample make file 'make_install_cxx' in PROTOOL_SYS directory  and corresponding source file 'TestInstall.cxx' in protk_appls directory.

The example demonstrates calling Pro/Toolkit functions from C++ code.

Top Tags