cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Determining Analyses Solver Type Using ProToolkit

cketterling
10-Marble

Determining Analyses Solver Type Using ProToolkit

I'm trying to create a choice object on an interface that has the different analyses in the simulate model listed.  The kicker is that the aux app I'm creating can only be used in FEM mode.  I've successfully found all the PRO_SIMULATION_ANALYSIS items using the ProSolidMechitemVisit function but it gives ALL of the analyses, whether it is an FEM mode analysis or a normal Simulate analysis.  Only analyses created in FEM mode get exported into the Nastran or Ansys files so I don't want to give the user the other options.  Is there a member or a function in the ProToolkit C++ API that can be used to determine if the ProMechItem for the analysis belongs in FEM mode or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For anyone that cares, I was able to use a visit function on the measures (PRO_SIMULATION_MEASURE type) and then check for suppressed measures using ProMechitemStatusGet to determine if FEM mode was active since ALL measures get suppressed in FEM mode.  ProMechitemStatusGet can also be used to find which analyses are active in the current mode.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

For anyone that cares, I was able to use a visit function on the measures (PRO_SIMULATION_MEASURE type) and then check for suppressed measures using ProMechitemStatusGet to determine if FEM mode was active since ALL measures get suppressed in FEM mode.  ProMechitemStatusGet can also be used to find which analyses are active in the current mode.

Top Tags