cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Does VB API support multiple session parallelly?

swayam
7-Bedrock

Does VB API support multiple session parallelly?

I trying to run multiple sessions with the reference of VB API, but not able to do.
I just want to know, Does VB API support multiple sessions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:swayam)

😉 You need process to process communication in my point of view. So messaging via sockets. 
The server starts the client. The client connects to the server and waits for instructions from the server. If the client works he informs the server how he is doing. 
Threads may an option as well, but similar message handling. 

Dependent on your experience it may a long way to go 😩

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Please specify what software you are using.

Hi @VladimirN 

I am using Creo 4.0 paramatic.exe . Basically i have a C# Tool which opens the creo session and load the assembly. Now am trying to implement to open multiple session in a single machine and load .asm file into it parallelly.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Articles:

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

As far I know „No“ for Toolkit, because that would imply to get a session handle and each function must be called with this handle. Create your own server process which will open different clients, talk to them and communicate with any amount of connected  Clients/Creo sessions. Else the session communication could be a nightmare if one handle does no longer respond.

swayam
7-Bedrock
(To:RPN)

Thanks @RPN ,

It would be very helpful if you please share some examples of server process.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

😉 You need process to process communication in my point of view. So messaging via sockets. 
The server starts the client. The client connects to the server and waits for instructions from the server. If the client works he informs the server how he is doing. 
Threads may an option as well, but similar message handling. 

Dependent on your experience it may a long way to go 😩

Hello @swayam

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags