cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Drawing dim for two edges in view

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Drawing dim for two edges in view

Hello

Dimension sense and orientation is making us confuse. Can any1 showcase steps to create dimension between two edges of a drawing view. As of now, edges I will ask user to select from creo drawing view using Proselect API.

What precaution and values should be provided to create a dimension sense and orientation is my main area of focus. Additionally what should be value for dimension location point to be passed to API.

Working on Creo 4.0 M030 and having Protoolkit with us.

Any idea would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

4 REPLIES 4

Anyone able to create dimension between an edge and an axis? Edge dimensions is achieved and axis - edge dimension always throw PRO_TK_BAD_DIM_ATTACH for API ProDrawingDimCreate().

Do it the other way around, create one manually und use

extern ProError ProDrawingDimAttachpointsGet (

ProDrawing         drawing,

ProDimension       *dimension,

ProDimAttachment   **attachments_arr,

ProDimSense        **dsense_arr);

and the other function to evaluated a possible input. 

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:RPN)

Thank you for response... We checked using that API for a simple dimension earlier and it worked also..

For another one dimension,suggested API itself does not work . I guess it don't work for ordinate dimension nd it doesn't give attachment and sense details... what should be done in this case ?

I guess you reviewed the header files, Ordinate dimensions have other calls, so first convert one, next add, or add base first...

For the position you may try to configure it as it would be a standard one, and give the dimension location. 

What I see, you will have fun, for the next couple of days:-)

Top Tags