cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Errors using Creo Parametric VB API in HEEDS

MR_10371737
2-Guest

Errors using Creo Parametric VB API in HEEDS

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.6.0

I'm trying to connect HEEDS with Creo Parametric, and this requires registering with the HEEDS VB API (which I've done with admin rights and launching ...creo/5.0.6/Creo 5.0.6.0/Parametric/bin/vb_api_register.bat). When I use HEEDS to test the Creo Parametric API Registration, it fails with this message:

Info: K:\PROD\wnt\heeds\2021.2\MDO\ver2021.2\win64\solver\..\portals\Creo\Default\HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.exe input args:
1: testapi
2: creocmd
3: k:\prod\wnt\creo\5.0.6\creo 5.0.6.0\parametric\bin\parametric.bat
Info: ---------------------
Info: creoCmd=K:\prod\wnt\creo\5.0.6\Creo 5.0.6.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.bat
Info: PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE=K:\prod\wnt\creo\5.0.6\Creo 5.0.6.0\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe
A Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {456E0110-2031-3907-AFE5-9201C97A915E} failed due to the following error: 80040154. exception was thrown.
The call stack at the time of the exception was:
at HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.Module1.start(String& conIdExt)
at HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.Module1.Main()
Program has ended.

Here are the errors that I faced
A Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {456E0110-2031-3907-AFE5-9201C97A915E} failed due to the following error: 80040154. exception was thrown.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi remy,

I was able to meet up with HEEDS support. They were very helpful. The issue has been resolved as it stemmed from HEEDS.

For those interested, here is the solution that was applied on the HEEDS side. 

At my company we have Creo installed at in a non-standard location (i.e., not on C:\). Because of this, HEEDS was not able to determine the version of Creo it was connecting to, and thus defaulted to using the Creo 8.0 interfacing scripts. To circumvent this issue, I was able to manually override the version that HEEDS defaulted to (Creo 8.0), to instead use the appropriate interfacing scripts (in my case, Creo 5.0). To do this, I modified the HEEDS "Execution command" under the Creo Parametric Analysis Portal from:

"%HEEDS_ROOT%\..\portals\Creo\%CREO_VER%\HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.exe"

to:

"%HEEDS_ROOT%\..\portals\Creo\Creo 5\Default\HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.exe"

Thanks,

-Marc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Try this

Hi ysinitsyn,

Unfortunately, I do not have a previous version of Creo Parametric. This is the only version that I have installed on my company laptop. 

I have set the environment variable PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE to the path of pro_comm_msg.exe in current version of Creo Parametric with no luck.

Thanks,

-Marc

1. Open any model in Creo

2. Run a file MessageBox.js (double click by file). If Windows will ask, then select Windows script host

a. If you'll see a message box with model name, then you setup VB API correct and problem in third party application.

b. If you'll see any error, then you have problem in Creo setup to work with VB API.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:MR_10371737)

Hi 

If you mean Simcenter HEEDS, then I recommend you file a ticket at their desk.

Unless someone else from the community has come accross your issue.

Hi remy,

I was able to meet up with HEEDS support. They were very helpful. The issue has been resolved as it stemmed from HEEDS.

For those interested, here is the solution that was applied on the HEEDS side. 

At my company we have Creo installed at in a non-standard location (i.e., not on C:\). Because of this, HEEDS was not able to determine the version of Creo it was connecting to, and thus defaulted to using the Creo 8.0 interfacing scripts. To circumvent this issue, I was able to manually override the version that HEEDS defaulted to (Creo 8.0), to instead use the appropriate interfacing scripts (in my case, Creo 5.0). To do this, I modified the HEEDS "Execution command" under the Creo Parametric Analysis Portal from:

"%HEEDS_ROOT%\..\portals\Creo\%CREO_VER%\HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.exe"

to:

"%HEEDS_ROOT%\..\portals\Creo\Creo 5\Default\HEEDS_CreoParametric_Interface.exe"

Thanks,

-Marc

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:MR_10371737)

Well done. 

Remember to tag your post as the solution to close the thread.

Top Tags