Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel-Analysis with extended Parameters

Highlighted
Participant

Excel-Analysis with extended Parameters

Hello Community!

I am faced with the following problem in Creo Parametric 4.0. I have an assembly with parameterized parts in it. I want to run an Excel-Analysis on base of the part´s parameters. But the analysis should be placed in the assembly level. Creo just lets me take parameters which are defined in the assembly level. I can´t choose parameters from an assembled part itself.

Does anybody know, if this is possible anyhow? If yes, can you explain how to do?

I attached a picture of the list box I meant.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Excel-Analysis with extended Parameters

Hello.
Need to map a parameters from a parts to assembly level, using a relations in an assembly. Then you can use this param in Excel. Search how to get a values from part's parameters in the assembly using session ID of the parts.
Highlighted

Thanks for your answer, ysinitsyn! Smiley Happy

Do I understand correctly that you mean a relation like this (in the assembly level): Length=Length:4? This was also my temporary solution. But imagine designing a machine with lots of integrated analysis, the number of parameters for these skyrockets due to doublicating part´s parameters. So I am just partly satisfied with this solution.

Is there an opportunity to really take the parameters of the parts (inside the assembly level)?

Highlighted

Do you need transfer parameter value from Creo to Excel?

For example, I can add a Dimension from a part to Analysis at assembly level. Maybe you can use a dimensions?

Highlighted

Unfortunately, that won´t work for me because sometimes I have geometrical parameters but sometimes I also have material parameters or others. I would need a solution which works for any parameter.

Maybe there is some configuartion entry I do not know to enable Creo to search parameters in lower levels for the analysis?

Highlighted

@alex_holzinger wrote:
Maybe there is some configuartion entry I do not know to enable Creo to search parameters in lower levels for the analysis?

I don't think that is possible.

Thinking out loud.

Using External Analysis in each part you can write parameters to CSV file: PARAM_NAME:MODEL_NAME, VALUE

Example

PARAMETER_1: SAMPLE_ASM, 50.000000

One CSV file per model. Then you can merge this files in one and import to Excel.

Announcements