cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Format File parameter doesn't update/Show

MP_9215870
10-Marble

Format File parameter doesn't update/Show

Hello,

I created an new Format file (.frm) and added there some parameters-links (via Note and &XXXX) with I want to automatically updated from the Main model parameters.

But when I load this Format to my drawing of the model the parameters do not update.

Anyone can give me a hint how to update the parameter-links in the format file according the 3D model parameters?

4 REPLIES 4

@MP_9215870 wrote:

Hello,

I created an new Format file (.frm) and added there some parameters-links (via Note and &XXXX) with I want to automatically updated from the Main model parameters.

But when I load this Format to my drawing of the model the parameters do not update.

Anyone can give me a hint how to update the parameter-links in the format file according the 3D model parameters?

Hi,

1.] you have to place a table into format

2.] you have to put &paramname into table cell

Martin Hanák

This worked! 

Thanks a lot. But it's strange that this is not working inside a Note.

A SessionID or Component ID is required to link a component's parameter or dimension in a note.
See Article - CS20262 to see how.
Toolkit has ProSolidToPostfixId() to get the ID.

Regards, SeonHo CHA.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MP_9215870)

This behavior is intentional and how formats are designed to work.  It helps to remember that the format cannot 'see' the part, assembly, drawing, or anything else.  It is a stand-alone object with no dependencies on any other object.  If you create a note in the format, the only thing the note will know to reference is itself.  Applying a format to a drawing does not copy these notes into the drawing or change their references.  They simply continue to exist in the format and display the same thing everywhere.  Notes in formats are really only useful for static text or information about the format itself.

Tables are different.  These get copied from the format into the drawing, and function as if they had been natively created in the drawing.  This means the table is able to reference information from both the drawing and the models contained in the drawing.  The drawing has references to its models, so it can display information from them.  The format does not.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Top Tags