cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Get dimension color in drawing using web.link.

Andreich1310
5-Regular Member

Get dimension color in drawing using web.link.

Hello everyone. I have a question. Is it possible to get a list of dimensions with a certain color?
I need to get the dimension text color, like a note text color:

var ret = drawing.ListDetailItems(pfcCreate("pfcDetailType").DETAIL_NOTE,0).Item(i).GetNoteTextStyle().GetColor();

But I don't find it. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1

I think there are 2 relevant points of the display color of an dimension.

1.) for default display - means the text style was not changed explicitly  the displayed color depends from he setting of the drawing detail option (dtl option) drawing_text_color (letter_color (default value) or edge_highlight_color) 

2018-10-23_16-37-48.jpg2.) in case that dimension text style is  set explicitly then such request could make sense

When we check more detailed hwo we can change the dimen color - it is possible only as text (picture)

2018-10-23_17-04-22.jpgSo the text style command is applied then of dimension objects.

So  to find the drawing dimenions we can use some construct like:

var DwgDims = drawing.ListItems	 ( pfcCreate("pfcModelItemType").ITEM_DIMENSION);
	for (var i=0;i<DwgDims.Count;i++)
	{
		//All we do here is read the location from each dimension?
		//for (var j=0;j<10;j++)
		{
			var SelDim = DwgDims.Item(i);
			var TextLocPnt = SelDim.Location;//Gets point3D
			var dimView=SelDim.GetView();
			//.... do some other things here
		}
	}

When we check the property of 2d dimensions object we can not find there a method to access the text style:

2018-10-23_17-11-15.jpg

So means that it is not possible to access it via Web.Link or you can try to cast the dimension object to detail note item - what obviosly the User Interface do. I am not sure if such construct will work but you can just try it.

something like ( but no idea if this could work) :

var detItem  =( pfcDetailNoteItem) DwgDims.Item(i);
var color= detItem.GetNoteTextStyle().GetColor();

Top Tags