cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Ghost datum from merge showing up.

dradulescu-2
1-Newbie

Ghost datum from merge showing up.

Hello all,

I have created an assembly in which I merged parts "Part1" and "Part2" into "Part3".

Both 1 and 2 have datums A,B and C. However. I did not want them to show up in 3. Therefore I unchecked the copy datums box in the merge define feature menu.

On the merged part I successfully inserted datums A and C but I am failing on the B one. It shows up as an axis in layer tree and it is coming from part 2.

How can I get rid of it. A, B, C on final part are different than on original parts.

Thank you?

Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

from the Part3 use the Find option to locate the datums A, B & C, then select them and rename to something else.

this rename will not propagate to the original parts. So now you will be able to create the Datums A, B & C.

Regards,

Manjunath

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

from the Part3 use the Find option to locate the datums A, B & C, then select them and rename to something else.

this rename will not propagate to the original parts. So now you will be able to create the Datums A, B & C.

Regards,

Manjunath

Another simple solution that i just learned on a post here:

refer to "NAME ALREADY EXISTS" error ... again...

@Manjunath RV‌ , thank you so much for your help! Cheers!

If you have got the right answer then mark the answer as "Correct Answer", to close this discussion.

Top Tags