cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Hide table using toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Hide table using toolkit

Hi,

I would like to know why below API displays table I am trying to create into drawing even though it is PRO_B_FALSE in API argument?

ProDrawingTableCreate((ProDrawing)drawing, tdata, PRO_B_FALSE, &table);

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kelan -

I have used many of the ProDrawing* functions in Creo Parametric Toolkit, but not (as far as I know) ProDrawingTableCreate.

I looked at the documentation and noticed that that the 3rd parameter (display) is defined as int, not ProBoolean. The sample

code also shows the value 1 instead of PRO_B_TRUE. That suggests that the appropriate value in your case would be 0.

Would that make a difference? Probably not, because the ProBoolean enum defines PRO_B_FALSE = 0. It's worth a try,

anyway.

I have two suggestions:

1. Try calling ProModelitemHide with the new ProDwgtable object.
    That should work because every ProDwgtable is also a ProModelitem
  2. Open a support call with PTC if ProDrawingTableCreate does not create a hidden table for you.

|+| M a r k |+|

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kelan -

I have used many of the ProDrawing* functions in Creo Parametric Toolkit, but not (as far as I know) ProDrawingTableCreate.

I looked at the documentation and noticed that that the 3rd parameter (display) is defined as int, not ProBoolean. The sample

code also shows the value 1 instead of PRO_B_TRUE. That suggests that the appropriate value in your case would be 0.

Would that make a difference? Probably not, because the ProBoolean enum defines PRO_B_FALSE = 0. It's worth a try,

anyway.

I have two suggestions:

1. Try calling ProModelitemHide with the new ProDwgtable object.
    That should work because every ProDwgtable is also a ProModelitem
  2. Open a support call with PTC if ProDrawingTableCreate does not create a hidden table for you.

|+| M a r k |+|

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MarkStallard)

Confirming that the 'int' is a historical artifact, functionally it is boolean in that the behavior is driven by 'zero vs. non-zero' value.

Having display = 0 / FALSE / PRO_B_FALSE avoids displaying the table immediately, so you can create the table, then fill out with notes before displaying it, so to avoid a 'flicker'. It does not, however, mark the table as hidden, so it will be displayed on the next graphics refresh. Putting the table on a blanked layer, or Hiding it, is indeed how you would go about making a table that you don't want to be shown at all for now.

Hi All,

Thank you very much for helping me on this.

I am able to hide drawing table using PromodelItemHide.

Top Tags