cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hide table using toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Hide table using toolkit

Hi,

I would like to know why below API displays table I am trying to create into drawing even though it is PRO_B_FALSE in API argument?

ProDrawingTableCreate((ProDrawing)drawing, tdata, PRO_B_FALSE, &table);

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kelan -

I have used many of the ProDrawing* functions in Creo Parametric Toolkit, but not (as far as I know) ProDrawingTableCreate.

I looked at the documentation and noticed that that the 3rd parameter (display) is defined as int, not ProBoolean. The sample

code also shows the value 1 instead of PRO_B_TRUE. That suggests that the appropriate value in your case would be 0.

Would that make a difference? Probably not, because the ProBoolean enum defines PRO_B_FALSE = 0. It's worth a try,

anyway.

I have two suggestions:

1. Try calling ProModelitemHide with the new ProDwgtable object.
    That should work because every ProDwgtable is also a ProModelitem
  2. Open a support call with PTC if ProDrawingTableCreate does not create a hidden table for you.

|+| M a r k |+|

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kelan -

I have used many of the ProDrawing* functions in Creo Parametric Toolkit, but not (as far as I know) ProDrawingTableCreate.

I looked at the documentation and noticed that that the 3rd parameter (display) is defined as int, not ProBoolean. The sample

code also shows the value 1 instead of PRO_B_TRUE. That suggests that the appropriate value in your case would be 0.

Would that make a difference? Probably not, because the ProBoolean enum defines PRO_B_FALSE = 0. It's worth a try,

anyway.

I have two suggestions:

1. Try calling ProModelitemHide with the new ProDwgtable object.
    That should work because every ProDwgtable is also a ProModelitem
  2. Open a support call with PTC if ProDrawingTableCreate does not create a hidden table for you.

|+| M a r k |+|

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MarkStallard)

Confirming that the 'int' is a historical artifact, functionally it is boolean in that the behavior is driven by 'zero vs. non-zero' value.

Having display = 0 / FALSE / PRO_B_FALSE avoids displaying the table immediately, so you can create the table, then fill out with notes before displaying it, so to avoid a 'flicker'. It does not, however, mark the table as hidden, so it will be displayed on the next graphics refresh. Putting the table on a blanked layer, or Hiding it, is indeed how you would go about making a table that you don't want to be shown at all for now.

Hi All,

Thank you very much for helping me on this.

I am able to hide drawing table using PromodelItemHide.

Announcements

Top Tags